Sunday, October 31, 2010

Review: Kiss The Girls - James Patterson

Kiss the Girls (Alex Cross)
Kiss the Girls - James Patterson
Paperback - 458 pages
Published by Warner Books - 1995
Bought at the Library Book Sale

Goodreads Review: 
In Los Angeles, a reporter investigating a series of murders is killed. In Chapel Hill, North Carolina, a beautiful medical intern suddenly disappears. Washington D.C.Us Alex Cross is back to solve the most baffling and terrifying murder case ever. Two clever pattern killers are collaborating, cooperating, competing--and they are working coast to coast.

My Review:
As a huge fan of James Patterson, I didn't expect to be as disappointed as I was.  Don't get me wrong, I was completely creeped out for majority of the book --- and I was thrown off by the ending (but only slightly!).

James Patterson has a way of coming up with the creepiest, skin-crawling things to occur.  Cassanova is the killer in this book, and he goes around trying to find "perfect" women to become his lover.  He keeps them locked up in a hidden house in the woods, and rapes/tortures them. The details are extremely gruesome, so this is not a book for the weak stomached. 

I was completely disturbed by the first couple of chapters, describing Cassanova as a child -- it was horrifying to think that there are really people out there that are so crazy.  Cassanova was an incredible character, and Patterson did a phenomenal job stringing me along.

My only complaint is that I feel like this book could have been a lot shorter.  It seemed to drag on and on, and that annoyed me.  I just wanted to know who Cassanova was, and I wanted Alex Cross to find his niece.  Granted I didn't have as much time to read these last two weeks (with my job change and what not), but I read as much as I could and just couldn't plow through this one.

Recommendation: 
I would highly recommend this book to those that love a thrilling, chilling murder-mystery, but I would be hesitant to tell a Patterson lover to pick this one up.  It was quite disturbing, and just didn't seem very "James Patterson-like".

4 out of 5 stars


Happy Reading!






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails