Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Teaser Tuesday (8)


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly event held by MizB at Should Be Reading.  I love this event, and love giving a little teaser to my readers.  This can either suck you in to reading the book I'm reading, or make you realize that you don't want to read it! 

The rules are simple:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share 2 "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • ***Please do not include spoilers!***    ((Be sure what you post doesn't give too much away!  You don't want to ruin the read for the next guy!))
  • Share title & author so that other TT followers can add the book to their TBR pile if they like your teaser!
  • Always be sure to check out the host's blog and leave a link to your TT post!

My Teaser

"I would be a bloated, bald, grumpy, slit-eyed monster consuming takeout pizza and sweet fizzy drinks.  And after all that I would still have cancer cells merrily reproducing by the minute, dividing and conquering the parts that were left: what remained of my unPromethean liver, my brain, my spinal cord, my throat."

From:
The Household Guide to Dying
The Household Guide to Dying - Debra Adelaide

Happy Reading!

4 comments:

LKT said...

Wow! Really well-written, but I suspect not an easy read.

My teaser is here: http://teabagsinfusion.blogspot.com/2010/12/teaser-tuesday-december-7.html

Unknown said...

A raw emotional quote. Bravo for posting that.

My beloved professor just found out that his two year old is having his brain attacked. *sad look* I'm just as much worried for him as he is. Although, I can never imagine how he feels. I try to send only good thoughts his way.

I'm doing the teaser hop... no one has stopped by my blog yet so I pulled out my best walking gown and lovely gold slippers to stroll along the path to knock on some blog doors and stop for a chat and spot of tea.

I really like your teaser :)

I have a now have an Igor working for me at Mad Steampunkery & Book Reviews, & I currently have a giveaway that will end on the 10th.

Mad Scientist
http://madsteampunkery.blogspot.com

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

Aww, that's a terribly sad image =( But quite well-written -- very vivid!

Mystica said...

Very raw and quite vivid.

My teaser tuesday post is

http://musingsfromsrilanka.blogspot.com/2010/12/teasertuesday-when-we-were-orphans.html

My first giveaway is also posted. Would love you to visit

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails