Thursday, December 30, 2010

Out With A Bang Readathon Update

So the readathon started yesterday, and I was stuck at work all day -- I didn't have a lot of time during the day to read, and we had plans last night with some friends.  

A Walk to RememberI started A Walk To Remember by Nicholas Sparks last night, and finished it earlier this morning.  I had a lot of errands that I had to get done today, so now that I'm officially done with them, I'm on to book number two.  

Today I stopped by my local Borders store.  I received an email that they were closing and there was now 75% off almost everything.  Of course, I've said many times in the last few months that I need to stop spending so much money on books, but 75% off---who could resist?  I scoured the entire store and got some great finds!  14 books for $15!! I know, I felt like I was in heaven.  Here's what I got:
SnuffConfessions of a Nervous ShiksaThe Girl She Left BehindThe Ice Queen: A NovelThe Other Family: A NovelSecrets of My Hollywood LifeQueen Takes KingPack Up the MoonThe Center of EverythingUnforgettable (It Girl Novel #4)Pretty Is What ChangesDangerous Admissions: Secrets of a Closet SleuthNotorious: An It Girl Novel
Catch of the Day
Pretty awesome huh?  So I'm pretty sure you can tell that I think my list from yesterday is going to be tweaked a little for the readathon...but that's okay.  

Anyway, don't forget to stop by The Bookish Type and Book Savvy's blogs to see who's hosting mini challenges today!  I'll be holding mine tomorrow so get ready!  (Don't forget -- in order to participate in the mini challenges you must sign up to be a part of the readathon.  You can do that on either The Bookish Type's blog or Book Savvy's blog, so head over there now and join the fun!)

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

WOAH girl! You got a ton of great books! I hope you enjoy(ed) them all! =) Happy New Year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails