Friday, December 17, 2010

Follow Friday (9)

Book Blogger Hop

I love love, love, love the Book Blogger Hop that is hosted by Jennifer at Crazy For Books.  The rules are simple, and this is am awesome opportunity to get your blog out there!  Post the hop on your blog, then make sure to include a link in the Mr. Linky on  Crazy For Books's blog...and then -- GET TO HOPPING!

RULES:
Your blog should have content related to books, including, but not limited to book reviews.

1. Enter your book blog link in the Linky List at  Crazy For Books

In your link, please state the main genre that you review: eclectic, contemp. fiction, ya, paranormal, mystery, non-fiction, etc.

2. Post about the Hop on your blog. Spread the word about the book party! The more the merrier! In your blog post, answer the following question (new question each week!).

This week's question comes from Alex who blogs at Geek on the Brink:
"What do you consider the most important in a story: the plot or the characters?"

For me the characters are most important. I have always felt that it is important for me to connect with the characters in order for the book to be a "good" book. Don't get me wrong, the plot is also important -- if the book is lacking content it doesn't really matter how well I connect with the characters. So I guess that really the plot and the characters go hand in hand as far as importance in a novel.
What do you think?




Follow Friday is another one of my favorite weekly events!  It is hosted by Parajunkee and is also a fantastic way to make new blogger friends!

Just follow the rules:


Follow my blog, and then head on over to Parajunkee's blog.  Put your blog name and link into the Linky thing at the bottom.  Then go around and check out all the other blogs that are in the Linky Thing.

This weeks question is from the featured blogger of the week: Carmel @ Rabid Reads:


Carmel is studying web design...What did you study in college, or are currently studying and did it lead to your current 9 to 5 or are you doing something totally different?

I love this question and I am so interested to see what you all have to say!  Back in the stone age when I started college I was hoping to get a degree in Criminal Justice.  My deepest darkest secret is that I've always wanted to be a secret spy! (shh, don't laugh).  I was hoping to receive my degree in Criminal Justice and then go off to work with the CIA or FBI.  Well, that didn't go over so well...and I ended up getting my Associates Degree in Psychology.  I am still super intrigued by all things Psychology, but I'm at a point where I'm not really sure what I want to do.  I went back to school to obtain my bachelors and lo and behold decided to go back as an English major.  I currently work in a company that has nothing to do with English, Psychology or Criminal Justice, but I am loving it!
How about you?  Did you receive a degree that you are putting to use now?

I hope you enjoy The Hop and the Follow Friday fun!

Happy Reading!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Visiting from the hop. The more I think about it the more I realize my mood play a big part in which is more important. LOL Have a great weekend.
Reading,Reading&Life

Jenny said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I completely agree with you, it's characters all the way for me, I have to get involved with them emotionally or even a stellar plot can't save the book for me! I'm a new follower here and I look forward to reading some of your reviews! Hope you have a great weekend:)

Selena said...

Hi! Thanks for hopping by The Enchanted Book and following! I'm here to do the same. I liked your answer to the tough Hop question. This one made me think a bit.

Hope you have a great week!

Selena
http://theenchantedbook.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails