Friday, June 24, 2011

Book Blogger Hop (20)


Book Blogger Hop

I love love, love, love the Book Blogger Hop that is hosted by Jennifer at Crazy For Books. The rules are simple, and this is am awesome opportunity to get your blog out there! Post the hop on your blog, then make sure to include a link in the Mr. Linky on Crazy For Books's blog...and then -- GET TO HOPPING!

RULES:

Your blog should have content related to books, including, but not limited to book reviews.

1. Enter your book blog link in the Linky List at Crazy For Books
          (In your link, please state the main genre that you review: eclectic, contemp. fiction, ya, paranormal, mystery, non-fiction, etc.)
2. Post about the Hop on your blog. Spread the word about the book party! The more the merrier! In your blog post, answer the following question (new question each week!)

This weeks question come from Elena who blogs at Books and Reviews!

When did you realize reading was your passion and a truly important part of your life?

My Answer:  This is such a difficult question.  I know that as a young child I was always reading, but I remember hating required reading in school.  I always felt like they picked the most boring books possible and then made you read them really quickly.  For a while, I know that turned me off from reading, so once I was no longer required to read, I didn't.  I remember a summer about 5 years ago when a friend lent me a book by Sophie Kinsella and told me how cute it was and that I had to read it.  I thought about it for a while, but finally gave it a shot, and I ended up finishing the book within an hour and had the whole series completed that weekend.  I guess that is when my extreme obsession with reading started, although like I said, I was an avid reader as a child, before required reading. 

What about you? 

Thank you so much for stopping by!  I hope you are having a great week!  A very warm welcome to my new followers, and a huge thanks to my old followers for sticking around! 

Happy Reading!

7 comments:

Karen said...

I always read the books in school really fast so I could go back to the ones i really wanted to read!

The Book Angel said...

The exact same thing happened to me! I loved reading but hated most of the books we had to read in school. Which ultimately made me stop reading for a while!

My Hop is here:
http://faybaysbooks.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Great answer, just hopping by.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/book-blogger-hop_24.html

Howard Sherman said...

When did I first realize I loved reading? I wish I could prove a pre-natal predilection towards books but my memories don’t stretch back quite that far.

The earliest memories I can recall involved books. First having them read to me then reading them on my own the minute I had the ability.

Books have been a major part of my life ever since. My passion for the written word knowing no bounds, I started writing books on top of reading them about ten years ago.

Want to know what my favorite childhood book was? Hop on over to my blog and find out: http://www.howardsherman.net

Howard Sherman, Implementor
http://www.howardsherman.net

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

I never stopped reading but life interferes with my reading from time to time.

Pedantic Phooka said...

Stopping by from the Book Blogger Hop. I'm a new follower. Have a great weekend!

Holjo @ Pedantic Phooka
www.pedanticphooka.com

pussreboots said...

I hated a lot of assigned reading in school but I learned that I often liked other books by the assigned authors.

I realized how important books had become in my life in 1999. Come see what happened.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails