Sunday, November 28, 2010

Review: The Girl in the Green Raincoat - Laura Lippman

The Girl in the Green Raincoat: A Tess Monaghan Novel
The Girl in the Green Raincoat - Laura Lippman
E-book from NetGalley
Published by Avon A, 2011

GoodReads Review: 
In this modern twist on Rear Window, Tess Monaghan has been put on bed rest for the last two months of her pregnancy.  Day after day she watches a girl in a green raincoat in the park with her greyhound, until one day Tess ominously notices the dog running loose.  Convinced some harm has befallen its owner she becomes dangerously obsessed with learning her fate.

My Review:
I thought this was very similar to some of the Janet Evanovich books I've read in the past.  It was a cute little mystery with a female detective that saves the day.  It was a nice quick read that definitely was full of twists and turns.  I really thought that this was going to be a predictable book, but I was mistaken.  

This is the first of the Tess Monaghan novels I've read and I really enjoyed it -- I will definitely be checking out the first 10 books.  I didn't realize that this was a book that was part of a series, but I liked that I didn't really have to read the others to understand what was going on.  

I enjoyed Tess's character, as well as the other fun and quirky characters (especially Whitney -- what a friend!).  What a little terror Dempsey was in the beginning!  It all turned out well though, as he definitely helped to save the day!

Recommendation: 
I would recommend this to anyone looking for a quick, lazy Sunday read.  It was a thrilling mystery packed with great characters and a plot line that will keep you guessing.

4 out of 5 stars.

Happy Reading!


2 comments:

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

Great review! This sounds like a fun read! It's different from my usual fare, so it will be a nice change of pace!

iubookgirl said...

I like the Hitchcockian twist. I'll have to check this one out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails