Friday, November 5, 2010

Follow Friday (5)

Book Blogger Hop




Follow Friday and Book Blogger Hop are weekly events hosted by Parajunkee and Crazy For Books respectively.  I absolutely love, love, love both of these weekly events!!  It is a great way to promote your blog, as well as find some great blogs to follow!  Hurry back to their sites, follow them, and let the hopping and following begin!

This week's question comes from Vicki who blogs at The Wolfs Den.

"What are your feelings on losing followers?  Have you ever stopped following a blog?"

My Answer:  Okay, personally, I follow like ten thousand blogs.  I don't get a chance to read every single post by every single blogger, but I do spend time scrolling through and seeing if there is a post that I really really really want to read.  The only reason I would ever stop following a blog is if the blogger stopped blogging, or the content started to bore me.  I think when I pick which blogs I want to follow, I do it with the intent that it is something I do like, and will want to continue reading.  I'm not going to just follow blogs just to follow them. 

As far as losing followers, I think that on some level, all of us bloggers feel a little sting when we notice that number drop.  I think that we all pour our hearts into these blogs, and then to see someone stop following you can be somewhat devastating.  I think that if my blog is not living up to someones expectations, I would rather them e-mail me and let me know that my content is lacking, than just drop me.

How do you feel about this?  Do you stop following blogs?

Happy Reading! Happy Hopping! Happy Friday!!

11 comments:

Carla said...

Stopping by to say hi. I'm a new follower.

I don't stop following blogs myself as all of them are related to things I like and I enjoy reading them. Of course there's not always time to read all of them, unfortunately.

Have a nice weekend.

http://librarymosaic.blogspot.com/

Natalie~Coffee and a Book Chick said...

Yes, I have a gazillion blogs I follow as well -- sometimes it feels like a part-time job to keep up with everybody, doesn't it? But it's fun -- I'd rather have more to follow than none...! :) Here's my Hop: Coffee and a Book Chick -- Blog Hop...

AlleluiaLu said...

Hi,
Stopping by on the Blogger Hop. I, too, have dozens upon dozens of blogs that I follow now--through this Blogger Hop and Follow Friday. But following all of them gives me a choice and I don't follow blogs that look as though I wouldn't find content to please me. There are certain things I avoid reading, so I don't just follow to follow. I really appreciate comments on my posts, but I don't get upset when there aren't any. Losing followers is disappointing, but I'll get over it and hopefully gain more through these tours.

Sorry I posted such a long comment. Hope you have a great weekend!

Carol said...

I follow many more blogs than I can manage to follow every day.
I try to comment on as many as I can that have an post that interests me that day.

enjoy ur weekend!

carol

Christine said...

Hi and happy hopping day!
I just found your blog through Parajunkee´s FF and now I´m following you! :)
I also love my followers and I´m always grateful and excited about comments, but I also know that not everyone can stop by everyday! I also have other obligations except blogging, so I don´t manage to stop by all the blogs I want every day, even though I would really love to!
Anyhoo, have a great weekend!

Christine
@ Reading on the Dark Side

Howard Sherman said...

I'm always a little bummed when I lose followers but make every effort to
turn every lost follower into a learning experience so I can improve my
performance.

On the flip side, I only stop following people when they give me a reason to
such as being totally off message or being too controversial in an negative,
over-the-top way.

Happy Book Blogger Hop Friday!

Howard Sherman
http://www.howardsherman.net

Anonymous said...

Who are your favorite authors??

My favorite authors are:
Maeve Binchy
J.K. Rowling
Stephenie Meyer
Charlaine Harris

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

I definitely agree. It's sad when you notice the number drop =( I haven't unfollowed anyone, though I've thought about paring down to just the ones I read with some degree of frequency, but I just can't bring myself to do that to a fellow blogger.

Chazz said...

Sorry for the quick comment but I have to get off this blog hop or I will spend all night here!
I love all the blogs I follow, that's why I follow them even if I don't get to the every day.

New follower here!

Chazz
http://chazzhart.blogspot.com

Lisa Jo said...

Happy Blog Hop Friday!

Love your site! I'm a new follower!

I have too many fav authors to name...which is a good thing, I guess. :-D

Have a great weekend!

Lisajo85 @ Once Upon A Chapter

Unknown said...

It's been a busy weekend/first couple days of the week. I'm glad to catch up on all these comments! If you are a new follower, I've followed you back and can't wait to see what is new around the book blogging community!

Thanks for hopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails